Sunday, October 8, 2023

English Vocabulary Challenge: How to Be Fearless When You Fail?

 Here are the challenging words I've selected from 'How to Be Fearless When You Fail?'


along with their
definition, part of speech, and a good example.
undertone (n.) - (文章或講話的)含意,弦外之音;(事件或情況的)蘊含意義
來自段落:... Because I think the undertone of most conversations in households for kids growing up is more like ...
例句I thought her speech had slightly sinister undertones.
spectrum (n.) - 光譜;波譜;聲譜;頻譜
來自段落:... our listeners, by setting up for yourselves a new Spectrum ...
例句The colours of the spectrum - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet - can be seen in a rainbow.
cynical (a.) - 憤世嫉俗的;懷疑人之真誠的;認為人皆自私的 來自段落:... because it's kind of cynical and also very optimistic at the same time in the same quote ... 例句:I've always been deeply cynical about politicians. embarrassed (a.) - 窘迫的,尷尬的;害羞的 來自段落:... I might feel a little embarrassed at times, but I'm going to stand up there on that stage ... 例句:I was too embarrassed to admit that I was scared. inevitable (a.) - 不可避免的;必然發生的 來自段落:... I would say failure is probably inevitable in some point in our lives in something ... 例句:The accident was the inevitable consequence/result/outcome of carelessness.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that you embed the video to your post, Willie.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting on English News: Wolves have better teeth

In this article, we can see that there is a unique group of wolves in the United States known as red wolves. They are currently receiving as...